The end of the year is always a busy time for us. While many businesses are winding down to the festive period, we’re diligently planning and carrying out our annual State of Video Marketing survey.
It’s a survey we’ve published every year since 2015, and it’s become as much a part of our December regimen as mince pies and Secret Santa!
Now, with the chaos of the Christmas period behind us – and the last of the wrapping paper and cardboard finally recycled! – we’re ready to brighten up your January by sharing the results of what has ended up being our biggest survey yet.
This year, over 650 people took the survey – our largest ever sample. Respondents were a mix of marketers and video consumers, segmented using a preliminary qualifying question.
They shared their opinions and experiences of video as a marketing tool – and the results were really interesting.
Here’s a flavour of our findings…
– We found that 92% of marketers who use video say that it’s an important part of their marketing strategy. (Up from 91% in 2019, 85% in 2018, 82% in 2017, 88% in 2016 and 78% in 2015.)
– We also found that people watch an average of 16 hours of online video per week – a 52% increase in the last 2 years.
– 86% of people would like to see more video from brands in 2020.
We also covered things like…
– How do people feel about the return video gives them on their investment?
– What encouraged new marketers to use video for the first time in 2019?
– Which platforms do video marketers use – which ones are the ones to watch in 2020?
What’s more, thanks to the historical depth of our data, we’ve been able to compare data points and analyse how the industry has changed and evolved during the last 6 years.
Click here to see a web page featuring all the video marketing stats.
Click here to download the PDF report.
If you’d like to discuss this survey in more detail or chat about how Wyzowl can help you with video marketing, click here to get in touch.