Corporate video production is on the rise right now – and it’s no surprise!
Audience demand for video, across basically every niche, is seemingly insatiable – and research repeatedly proves that incredible things can be achieved when businesses use video in their marketing toolbox.
Video, in all its guises, has been proven year after year to increase traffic, generate leads, boost audience understanding and contribute to bottom line sales.
So, if you’re considering getting started with corporate video production, look no further: you’ll find everything you need to know on this page.
What is corporate video production?
Quite simply, it’s the production of video content for businesses.
Of course, the skills and disciplines involved vary widely based on the type of video being created.
But one thing that tends to be consistent across all corporate video is that the production value and quality simply have to be sky-high – after all, these videos represent your brand, and perception is crucial! This is why so many brands trust our team here at Wyzowl to kickstart their corporate video journey.
Corporate videos can be used for all manner of different purposes, but we tend to group them together into three main goals:
- Videos that attract your audience – reaching ‘new people’ who’ve perhaps never heard of your business, creating awareness and kickstarting the first step of their interaction with your business (typically through video ads.)
- Videos that explain products, services and ideas. These videos, including explainer videos, create that magical ‘lightbulb’ moment where your audience finally understands, and is ready to move forward in their journey with your brand.
- And videos that support your audience, people you already know and have a relationship with. Whether it’s onboarding your new customers, providing them ongoing support to help them enjoy the best experience with your brand…or supporting your team internally with employee onboarding and training videos. These videos are proven to help reduce churn of both customers and employees.
Types of corporate video
As we’ve already discussed, ‘Corporate video’ is one big umbrella term for a variety of different types of content.
Each of these different types of video have their own strengths, weaknesses and ideal use cases, and our team has helped bring thousands of stories to life using a mix of the tools below.
Live Action Videos
Corporate video examples
Below, you’ll find a few of the corporate videos our team has created here at Wyzowl…
How much does a corporate video cost?
Unsurprisingly, this is quite a difficult question to answer! This is because there are a lot of variables involved. Clearly, the answer is very much dependent on factors like video style and length.
However, we did some research to make this a fair test and looked into the average costs in our industry.
Based on contacting 70 companies with identical project specifications (and receiving responses from 48 of them), we found that the average cost of a 1-minute explainer video was $7,972.
Explainer video cost research…
You can read the full video pricing study here (it also features a bunch of interesting findings about turnaround times.)
How to use a corporate video
One of the best things about corporate video is just how versatile it can be.
We often work with companies who come to us wanting one type of video – for example, an explainer video – only to end up repurposing and using that video in dozens of different ways.
They might use it in their sales meetings, investment pitches and employee onboarding programmes as a quick, effective company intro.
They might add it to their company email signatures, meaning every email going out of their business features a tool for the recipient to get an overview of the company.
They might ‘cut up’ the video into short snippets for ad campaigns… upload it to their social media account to amplify its reach…and even use snippets as ‘profile videos’ for their social channels.
And since our customers own all the source files once their video is complete, we’ve actually seen brands take the characters and assets we’ve created in their video, and use those characters further afield – on their website, on print and billboard ad campaigns.
Video comes with a one-off price tag, but can actually go on to serve so many purposes – making it a real must-have for businesses looking to grow through content.
How to choose a corporate video production company
We know better than anyone that the market is packed with corporate video production companies. So how do you go about choosing the right one for YOU?
Our advice would always be:
- Do your homework. Don’t go with the first company you come across! Speak to a number of different companies and get a feel for what they’re offering. Compare, contrast and do your homework to make sure you make the right decision.
- Check out their work. Make sure to check out examples of their work, so you can understand exactly what they’re capable of delivering, and make sure this is suited to what you’re looking for.
- Don’t just be driven by price. It’s always alluring to go with the ‘cheapest’ option, and that company *may* be the right one for you – but do your due diligence and make sure.
- Understand what’s included and what isn’t. The last thing you want is to end up with unexpected surprises, so make sure you understand what the package actually includes. How many revision rounds are you allowed? Are they chargeable? Do you have to pay per hour of work? What happens if you don’t like how things are going? ASK these questions and make sure you’re satisfied with the answers before you commit!
- Understand the process. Make no mistake, corporate video production is a highly complex thing. You want to work with a company that’s organised and efficient, because, let’s be honest, you’re busy enough with your day-to-day work without chasing the next deliverable or trying to work out where your video project is up to. Ask them to explain exactly how long the process takes, what’s involved, how long each step will take, and what exactly is expected from you along the way.
Get More Info & Pricing
Since we started Wyzowl over a decade ago, we’ve been proud to offer simple, fixed pricing. Whether you’re a fledgling startup or a bona fide enterprise, our packages include everything you need for the perfect video.
Complete the process below and we’ll be in touch within 1 business day to discuss your needs and offer our expertise!